This simple, sweet recipe for pear strawberry sorbet was created by the Natural Epicurean Academy of Culinary Arts in Austin, Texas. Their school offers cooking programs in vegan, macrobiotic, ayurvedic, and raw / living food, with students from all over the world. Yes, a school where you can study dairy-free cooking specifically!
The Academy uses all-organic ingredients in this pear strawberry sorbet. If it isn’t within your budget to purchase everything organic, shoot for the strawberries first. They are a top pesticide fruit that isn’t peeled before using.
Special Diet Notes: Pear Strawberry Sorbet
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
I’m sharing this recipe on the Hot Fun in the Summertime Blog Hop at The Midnight Baker.
- 1 pint (16 ounces) organic strawberries
- 3 large, very ripe organic pears (Bartlett, Comice or Anjou)
- ½ cup light organic agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed organic lemon juice
- Stem and halve strawberries and mix with 2 tablespoons agave nectar (about one-fourth of the agave). Let stand up to 1 hour, and then strain off any liquid.
- Peel, core and slice pears and toss with strawberries. Add lemon juice and remaining agave nectar.
- Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend until uniformly smooth.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
Pingback: Raw Carrot Cake with Lemon Cashew Frosting Recipe (Dairy-Free)
That looks pretty amazing! Absolutely love the vivid color. 🙂