Summer time always has me craving smoothies and I love enjoying them with seasonal fruit! Nectarines are so juicy and full of flavor right now, which makes them perfect for starring in a nectarine smoothie recipe. It’s paired with dairy-free milk beverage and orange juice, for a lightly creamy, but still refreshingly sweet sip!
Special Diet Notes: Sunny Nectarine Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally allergy-friendly.
- ½ pound fresh nectarines or peaches, pitted and cut into quarters (optionally peeled)
- 1 cup dairy-free unsweetened plain or vanilla milk beverage
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or your sweetener of choice
- Ice cubes, as needed
- Sliced nectarines or peaches and mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
- Put the fruit, milk beverage, orange juice, and sweetener in your blender. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- You can either blend in some ice for a thicker smoothie, or pour the smoothie over ice.
- Garnish the smoothie with sliced nectarines and mint sprigs, if desired.