Why stick with the ordinary? These flavorful no mayo deviled eggs gain richness and an extra dose of protein from a surprising ingredient: hummus!
Hummus-loaded no mayo deviled eggs are perfect for pre-Thanksgiving munchies, game-time party fare, or passing around at the next holiday party. Not to mention, they are an easy make-ahead dish so you can focus on more important things, like the turkey, football score, or your guests!
This no mayo deviled eggs recipe is naturally dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and soy-free (choose your hummus wisely!) to help suit your special diet party-goers. If you confuse eggs with dairy, don’t worry, you’re not alone! See my post Are Eggs Dairy? for a complete explanation.
This recipe was shared with us by Sabra Hummus. They offer more hummulicious recipes (some contain dairy, so they will need to be adapted!) at www.Facebook.com/Sabra.
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup, plus 1 tablespoon hummus (recipe tested with Sabra Classic Hummus)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon relish
- Paprika for garnish
- Place the eggs in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Turn off the heat and let sit for 14 minutes.
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and run cold water over them. Cool eggs 10 minutes.
- Remove shells when cool.
- Cut in half and scoop out the yolk and reserve in bowl of a food processor. Repeat with the remaining 5 eggs.
- Add hummus, olive oil, pepper, and salt to the yolks; puree in the food processor. Add the relish and pulse 3 to 5 times to incorporate.
- Put the yolk mixture in a piping bag (see note). Pipe about 1 teaspoon of the mixture into each of the egg white halves and sprinkle with paprika.