Mulled wines and ciders are fantastic dairy-free, and usually allergy-friendly, drinks to serve at holiday parties. But alcohol isn’t always an option for every guest. This mulled cranberry cider is not only top allergen-free, but also alcohol-free. So kids, designated drivers, and others who choose not to imbibe can also enjoy a festive, warm beverage. Plus, it will fill your home with a wonderfully inviting winter scent.
Special Diet Notes: Non-Alcoholic Mulled Cranberry Cider
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 quarts cranberry juice
- 1½ cups dried cranberries
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 14 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¾ cup to 1¼ cups honey or agave nectar (for vegan), to taste (See Sweetener Note below)
- Pour the cranberry juice into a slow cooker. Add the cranberries, orange zest (I like to squeeze in a little juice too), cloves, vanilla, and cinnamon sticks. Stir in the sweetener, to taste.
- If you need it quickly, set the slow cooker on high and heat, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 20 minutes. Turn the slow cooker down to low or warm to keep it warm while servings.
- If you have some time, set the slow cooker on low, and let it warm for 1 to 2 hours.
- Strain the drink to remove any zest and spices before serving.