This recipe for nutty mint wraps is a “5 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Alyse Raponi. For the flavorful spread, she uses dairy-free Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt) from So Delicious.
For more details and to enter the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Nutty Mint Wraps
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, and soy-free. Includes a vegan and vegetarian option.
- Nutty Mint Spread
- ¼ cup roasted natural almond butter
- ¼ cup drained pickled capers, minced
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Original Cultured Coconut Milk (Yogurt)
- 3-4 mint leaves, chiffonade
- Wrap Ingredients
- 2 8-10-inch whole wheat tortilla wraps
- ½ red and green pepper sliced ¼" thin strips
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned or ribboned with a peeler
- 1 cup bean sprouts (I had mung)
- 1 Romain leaf, chiffonade
- ½ green onion, julienned green part only
- 7 oz can drained tuna (vegans can omit)
- Stir spread ingredients together. Leftovers can be refrigerated for 3-4 days and used on anything you like.
- Spread 2 heaping tablespoons of spread on each tortilla and layer ½ of the vegetables and flake the tuna along the length on each end of the tortillas then tightly wrap them up.