I couldn’t resist these fun popcorn pretzel sticks! Peanut butter, nut butter, or seed butter acts as delicious “glue” to bind popcorn to pretzel rods (gluten-free optional). The salty snacks get sweet contrast from all-natural sprinkles and a drizzle of dairy-free chocolate.
These popcorn pretzel sticks are fun for lunch boxes, an amazing after school treat, or the perfect way to add a sweet-salty snack to celebrations – from birthday parties to big game bashes.
Special Diet Notes: Nutty Popcorn Pretzel Sticks
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, optionally peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly. Just be sure to pick your nut or seed butter, pretzel sticks, and chocolate chips wisely to make these popcorn pretzel sticks fit your dietary needs.
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter (can sub almond butter for peanut-free, or sunflower seed butter for nut-free)
- 6 large pretzel rods (gluten-free, if needed)
- 3 cups air-popped non-GMO popcorn
- Natural sprinkles
- ¾ cup mini dairy-free chocolate chips
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on each pretzel, leaving a two-inch “handle” without peanut butter.
- Press and roll popcorn onto the peanut butter to coat. Sprinkle with the sugar sprinkles.
- For the chocolate drizzle, place the chocolate chips in a small zippered plastic bag and seal. Microwave 30 seconds or until the chocolate is melted. Clip a small corner from the bag and squeeze to drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar sprinkles. Allow the chocolate to harden before serving.
Pingback: Ballpark Caramel Popcorn Crunch Recipe (Dairy-Free Version!)
Pingback: Sweet Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars Recipe - Go Dairy Free