If your resolutions involve eating more whole grains and more sustainably (for your body and the earth!), then this oatmeal latte may be your dream indulgence recipe. It’s a sweet morning pick-me-up, with organic ingredients, that can be easily adapted to your personal tastes.
This oatmeal latte recipe with photo was shared with us by Nature’s Path Organics.
And beyond this oatmeal latte recipe, Nature’s Path has some doable tips for going organic:
- Look Inside Your Pantry: Fresh fruits and vegetables may be the first thing that come to mind when you think about organic, but don’t forget about your pantry. Staples such as flour, sugar, vegetable oil, peanut butter and more can be swapped out for organic options and make it easier to have organic food as part of every meal.
- Start with What You Eat Everyday: A good place to start is with the foods you consume every day. If you and your family start each morning with a bowl of cereal, try eating organic cereal. If salad is on your daily lunch menu, then buy organic greens and organic carrots, which tend to be affordable, too.
- Think Outside the Cart: You may think that organic food costs more, but you can find less expensive options by shopping at your local farmer’s market, comparing prices online, buying in bulk (which is better for the environment) and even growing some of your own food.
Special Diet Notes: Oatmeal Latte
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- ⅔ cup water
- ⅓ cup + ½ cup vanilla dairy-free milk beverage, divided*
- ½ cup organic rolled oats (can use 1 packet Organic Hot Oatmeal)
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 to 2 shots fair trade espresso, for topping
- Organc granola, for topping (like Nature’s Path Flax Plus Vanilla Almond Granola)
- Pinch ground cinnamon, for topping
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and ⅓ cup milk beverage to simmer over medium-high heat.
- Add the oats and salt. Reduce the heat to medium and cook until the oatmeal reaches your desired consistency. Stir in the brown sugar and transfer to bowl or mug.
- Warm and froth the remaining ½ cup milk beverage using a steamer, milk frother or whisk, until foamy.
- Top the oatmeal with the espresso and frothed milk. Stir gently. Top with granola and cinnamon. Serve with a spoon!
More Healthy Oatmeal Indulgence Recipes
Cinnamon Roll Overnight Oatmeal (vegan, gluten-free & soy-free)
Everyone’s Favorite Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (vegan, gluten-free & optionally allergy-friendly)
Strawberry Breakfast Tarts with Oatmeal Crust (vegan & gluten-free)