This olive hummus goes above and beyond with a triple dose of the good stuff: ripe olives, olive brine, and extra-virgin olive oil. The brine and a pop of dairy-free yogurt give it just a touch of extra tang to compliment the richness of the olives. Plus, it’s naturally vegan, gluten-free, and optionally allergy-friendly for a dip that everyone can enjoy. Pack it into lunch boxes or place it in a serving bowl for parties!
This recipe with photo for olive hummus was shared with us by the California Olive Committee.
Special Diet Notes: Super Olive Hummus
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally food allergy-friendly! But to keep this olive hummus free-from, choose your vegan yogurt wisely. I’ve linked up to one that is free of top allergens.
- 1 (6-ounce) can California Ripe Olives
- 1 (15-ounce) can rinsed and drained garbanzo beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2½ tablespoons sesame tahini
- 2½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for drizzling
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ⅛–1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain or unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Pita bread wedges, pita chips or cut raw vegetables
- Open the olive can and strain, reserving 2 tablespoons of the brine.
- Puree the beans, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper in a food processor until very smooth. Add the yogurt and olive brine and mix again. Add two-thirds of the olives and pulse until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Coarsely chop the remaining olives and sprinkle over top of the hummus.
- Drizzle the hummus with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
- Serve the dip with pita bread wedges, pita chips or raw vegetables.
Pingback: Artichoke Hummus Recipe (Healthy, Fast & Optionally Oil-Free)
This looks AMAZING! I am a sucker for all kinds of hummus.
I’m a huge fan of any kind of hummus, but this olive hummus looks delicious!!!!