Perk up for the wonderful weekend ahead with this coffee granita. Prep it today or tomorrow for a flavorful way to chill out on your days off. The recipe was submitted by J J Parchman as a Sweet entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners will be announced on that post!).
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
J J says, “This Granita is so very light and fresh! It is delightful in summer but, once you taste it you will make it all year round. The perfect end to a heavy meal or light snack. The coconut milk adds a depth of flavor and texture that makes this dessert so satisfying.”
Special Diet Notes: Coconut Coffee Granita
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 4 cups strong brewed hot coffee
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure orange extract
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- In a 2 quart freezer-safe container, stir together the coffee and sugar until the sugar has dissolved completely. Whisk in the extracts and coconut milk. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- Freeze the mixture for at least three hours, stirring every half hour. Use a fork to scrape crystals if needed.
- When the mixture is firm, use a spoon to scrape granita into dishes and serve. If the mixture becomes too hard to scrape, allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.