This recipe for creamsicle jelly is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Hidemi Walsh. To qualify, Hidemi uses 8 ingredients or less, including Vanilla Almond Milk Ice Cream by So Delicious Dairy Free.
This unique creamsicle jelly treat gets sweetness and a touch of luxury from low-sugar, dairy-free almond milk ice cream.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Creamsicle Jelly
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, and all around food allergy-friendly.
For a vegan or vegetarian creamsicle jelly, consider using gelatin-free vegan jel.
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Frozen Dessert
- 2 cups 100% orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a small bowl, stir together gelatin and water. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, warm the orange juice up over medium heat. Stir in granulated sugar and gelatin mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat and add almond milk ice cream to the saucepan. Stir constantly until melted and smooth. Turn off the heat and pour into each serving glass or cup.
- Refrigerate until set. (1-2 hours)