Years ago, when I first reviewed Pamela’s Baking Mixes, I had fun experimenting with their versatile Cornbread & Muffin Mix. I whipped up a couple dairy-free variations, and posted those shortcut recipes in my review where they were unfortunately smothered by all of our notes and information. So I thought I would give a home to my versions of Pamela’s Cornbread Muffins in our recipe section. These are great little dairy-free, gluten-free shortcut recipes for using up your favorite cornbread mix.
Special Diet Notes: Pamela’s Cornbread Muffins
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. I have not yet tested an egg-free variation.
- 1 bag Pamela's Cornbread & Muffin Mix
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage (I used rice milk beverage, but most types should work well)
- 5 tablespoons (scant ⅓ cup) honey
- 5 tablespoons (scant ⅓ cup) oil (your favorite neutral-tasting oil)
- 2 medium or large eggs
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and lightly grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until well combined.
- Divide the batter between your prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.