Artichoke Hearts and White Beans with Pasta
This Recipe is from Rachel Baumgartel of Fit Fare.
Author: Rachel Baumgartel
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, with juice
- 1 can white beans
- 1 cup cooked pasta shells [use your favorite GF pasta for gluten-free]
- Saute garlic and onion in deep skillet over medium heat for five minutes in olive oil.
- Add lemon juice, simmer for two minutes.
- Add artichoke hearts with juice and simmer for another five minutes until sauce is opaque.
- Lower heat to medium low. Add white beans and cover skillet, allowing ten minutes of cooking time. Add cooked pasta shells, mixing well. Serve with red pepper flakes and [vegan "parmesan"] if desired.
Is it 1 cup of cooked pasta total ? Or per person?
It is just 1 cup, but you can add more if you want it to be more of a pasta dish.
I keyed in my computer: pasta,beans,artichoke hearts,and this recipe came up.Luckily,everything else was in my pantry.Lovely recipe in a pinch.Only thing I added,was chopped parsley,at the end.
So glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing your feedback!