Poached Chicken Breast Pasta Salad
Author: Levana Kirschenbaum
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups shitaki caps, sliced
- 1 2-inch piece grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 8 chicken cutlets, left thick
- ¼ cup cilantro, minced
- 6 scallions, sliced very thin
- 4 cups soy bean sprouts (or other sprouts if soybean sprouts are hard to find)
- 1 pound soba noodles (health food stores), boiled 3-4 minutes (no longer!) and drained*
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the mushrooms and saute until liquids evaporate.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add the curry, turmeric, ginger and garlic.
- Saute one more minute, only until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, water and chicken, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook, covered, 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cutlets to a platter and cut on a bias.
- Transfer the cooking liquids, the cilantro, scallions, sprouts, noodles and sliced chicken to a platter, and toss thoroughly.
- Serve at room temperature.
*For gluten-free try Eden brand soba noodles, which are 100% buckwheat, or swap for your favorite gf noodles.