This insanely simple, yet flavorful and creamy Serendipity Soba recipe comes from Dr. Jane Goodall’s “Vegan World Fusion Cuisine : Over 200 award-winning recipes“, one of the most popular vegan (and consequently dairy free) cookbooks on the market.
Special Diet Notes: Serendipity Soba
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 8 oz pkg buckwheat Soba noodles (may sub Udon noodles)
- 5 cup mixed garden vegetables for steaming (broccoli, red bell pepper, carrots, zuchinni, etc. chopped small)
- 1 cup peanut sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic or ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch sea salt
- Black pepper, ground to taste
- Bring 8 C of water to a boil in a 3 qt sauce pan. Add soba noodles and cook until slightly al dente, approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. A small amount of sesame oil may be added to prevent sticking. Drain, rinse well in cold water and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Steam vegetables, add to bowl with soba along with remaining ingredients and mix well. Peanut sauce may be prepared earlier or while vegetables are steaming and soba is cooking. Garnish with black and white sesame seeds.