This easy vegan ravioli dish was contributed by VeggieGirl! Check with manufacturers to find a nut-free (safe) ravioli, or use regular pasta instead. Likewise for soy-free. Last time I checked, Cafferata, Putney Pasta, and Rising Moon each had one soy-free / dairy-free ravioli option.
A delicious and healthy pasta dish that is quick and easy to prepare. Great for vegans and non-vegans alike!
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Ravioli & Vegetable Medley
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 packages Rising Moon Organics ® frozen vegan ravioli (or your own favorite brand of vegan ravioli)
- 3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 12 stalks broccolini, chopped
- 12 stalks asparagus, chopped
- ¾-cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil or water – use the dry, pre-chopped variety)
- 1 tomato, finely chopped (remove seeds)
- 4-cups baby spinach
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions (be sure to increase cooking time slightly, in order to fully cook two packages of ravioli).
- About 5 minutes before ravioli is ready, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the chopped garlic cloves, stirring continuously. When the garlic cloves start to turn brown (after about 2 minutes), add the chopped broccolini and asparagus.
- After about 2 minutes of sautéing the garlic, broccolini, and asparagus, add the sun-dried tomatoes, chopped tomato, and 4 cups of baby spinach. When the spinach begins to wilt, reduce the heat to medium and continue stirring and mixing the vegetables in the skillet.
- When the ravioli is done cooking, turn off the heat (under both the ravioli pot and the vegetable skillet) and ladle the ravioli into 3 individual serving bowls. Lightly toss the vegetable mixture in the skillet (off the stove) and distribute among the three serving bowls, over the ravioli.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and serve immediately.