We originally received the pictured Peach Chai Smoothie recipe as a Sweet submission by Bobby Parrish to the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners will be announced on that post!).
We loved the concept, but the dates used to sweeten were a nutritious option and overpowered the peach flavor. Plus, with just 1 tablespoon of chai tea added, we were getting the strength from the black tea, but not the spices. So to brighten the underlying flavors and make this Peach Chai Smoothie a little more true to name, I headed to the kitchen and made some modifications. Though my resultant recipe is quite unique from Bobby’s, the photo still holds true – the color and consistency are very close.
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Special Diet Notes: Peach Chai Smoothie
For a nut-free peach chai smoothie, swap in coconut milk beverage for the almond.
For a paleo peach chai smoothie, swap in lite culinary coconut milk for the almond.
- 1 large white or yellow peach, pitted & chopped
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Milk Beverage
- ¼ cup brewed green or white tea, cooled
- ½ tablespoon honey or agave nectar, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch black or white pepper
- Pinch salt (optional)
- 3 to 5 drops pure stevia (to brighten the flavors)
- ½ to 1 cup crushed ice
- Place the chopped peach, milk beverage, tea, honey or agave, vanilla, spices, and stevia in your blender and puree until smooth.
- Add ice to create your desired flavor and consistency (the resultant smoothie will be relatively thin and sippable with or without the ice, but it does cool and thicken slightly), and blend until smooth.