This recipe for peanut butter banana oatmeal is a “5 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Christina Coopman.
Christina says this peanut butter banana oatmeal is “a great dish to start your day off with, full of nutrition and tasty goodness!”
Special Diet Notes & Options: Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free (using certified gluten-free quick oats), soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. For peanut-free, use sunflower seed butter or your favorite “safe” peanut butter alternative.
- 2 cups So Delicious Unsweetened Almond Plus Milk
- 1½ cups hot water
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (other nut butters can be substituted)
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large bananas, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1⅓ cups quick cook oats
- Dark chocolate chips, optional
- Add all ingredients except for oats and banana to a large pot on high heat. Bring to a boil while mixing.
- Once boiling add the banana and oats and continue to cook over high heat for approximately 3 minutes, stirring constantly until oats are softened.
- Distribute into 4 bowls and enjoy. Garnish with dark chocolate chips for an extra kick.