This recipe for peanut butter banana oatmeal is a “5 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Christina Coopman. To cook the oats, she uses a combination of peanut butter and Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk from So Delicious.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/dairy-free-time-trials-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free (using certified gluten-free quick oats), soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. For peanut-free, use sunflower seed butter or your favorite “safe” peanut butter alternative.
- 2 cups So Delicious Unsweetened Almond Plus Milk
- 1½ cups hot water
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (other nut butters can be substituted)
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large bananas, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1⅓ cups quick cook oats
- Dark chocolate chips, optional
- Add all ingredients except for oats and banana to a large pot on high heat. Bring to a boil while mixing.
- Once boiling add the banana and oats and continue to cook over high heat for approximately 3 minutes, stirring constantly until oats are softened.
- Distribute into 4 bowls and enjoy. Garnish with dark chocolate chips for an extra kick.