This recipe for peanut tofu is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Hidemi Walsh. To qualify, Hidemi uses 8 ingredients or less, including Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Peanut Tofu
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, tree nut-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose your bread wisely.
For gluten-free and dairy-free peanut tofu, use wheat-free tamari in place of the soy sauce.
- ½ cup peanuts
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 scallion, minced
- Crush peanuts in a food processor. Add corn starch, water and almond milk. Process again until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan, heat over medium low heat and simmer stirring constantly until thickened.
- Pour the mixture into a square container (wet inside of the container so that it is easier to take the peanuts tofu later) and let cool. When it has cooled, refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Make sauce. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine soy sauce, granulated sugar and water. Microwave on high for about 20 seconds (just heat it up). Take the bowl out of the microwave and stir to melt sugar.
- To serve, cut the peanut tofu into four. Put each peanut tofu into a serving plate and pour the sauce over the peanut tofu. Sprinkle minced scallions.