Over the years, I’ve been migrating recipes from my old blog onto Go Dairy Free. And today, it’s time for this pear almond smoothie. When I first made this blend, nearly a decade ago, I honestly wasn’t sure about mixing pear and almond. But it’s what I had on hand. It turned out to be a positively delicious flavor combination, particularly when married with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
I consider this a “power” smoothie, because it energizes me with natural sugars and fiber, but is balanced with enough healthy fats and protein to keep me from crashing. You can also make it into a protein shake, if desired.
Special Diet Notes: Pear Almond Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly.
- 1 ripe frozen banana (medium size), broken into chunks
- ½ ripe pear
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus additional for garnish
- Pinch salt (omit if using salted almond butter)
- Pure stevia extract or maple syrup, to taste
- Add the banana, pear, almond milk, almond butter, cinnamon, and salt to your blender and puree until smooth.
- Taste test, and blend in sweetener to taste, if desired.
- Pour in a glass and sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired