This recipe for cheesy dairy-free biscuits is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Sara Culbertson. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 core ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Made with both nutritional yeast and Daiya PepperJack, these dairy-free biscuits have a double dose of vegan cheesiness.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: PepperJack Dairy-Free Biscuits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) dairy-free margarine (such as Earth Balance Soy-Free)
- ¾ to 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 cup Daiya Pepperjack-style Shreds cheese alternative
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF.
- Mix flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut dairy free margarine into mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Add cheese alternative and coconut milk beverage, stir until incorporated.
- Scoop and drop 12 biscuits onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla soup or meal of choice.