This is a classic little recipe that I’ve dug out from our archives and refreshed for National Piña Colada Day. Though it’s rare that I’ll indulge in the classic beverage, I do enjoy a good virgin piña colada smoothie now and then. This deliciously kid-friendly version is a hybrid between my typical unsweetened all-fruit blend and the more indulgent libation.
Special Diet Notes: Virgin Piña Colada Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- For a paleo virgin piña colada smoothie, use lite coconut milk, swap unsweetened shredded coconut for the sweetened, and sweeten to taste with honey or your paleo sweetener of choice.
- ⅓ cup pineapple chunks
- ½ cup vanilla coconut milk beverage or lite (canned) coconut milk
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut (see post above for options)
- 1 teaspoon honey, agave nectar or sugar
- 4 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and just a little icy.