Cool down on a hot summer’s day with this refreshing pineapple orange sorbet! It requires just 6 ingredients and mere minutes of hands-on time to make. And you don’t need an ice cream maker – the recipe uses a food processor or high speed blender instead.
This recipe uses canned crushed pineapple for convenience, but you can swap in fresh if you have a very ripe and juicy pineapple.
Special Diet Notes: Pineapple Orange Sorbet
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups orange juice (not from concentrate; fresh-squeeze, if possible)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Put the water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Place the pan over medium-high heat and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Put the pineapple and its juices in your food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Transfer the pineapple puree to a metal bowl, and stir in the lemon juice, orange juice, and orange zest.
- Freeze the sorbet until slightly firm, but not frozen.
- Process the mixture again in your food processor or beat with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Transfer the sorbet to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.