My friend Lori shared this wonderful plum good paleo peach pie with us years ago, but I originally featured it in our news section. It needed a permanent home in our recipes, so I’ve updated it for you to easily find and enjoy! Plus, I thought it was the perfect dessert recipe to feature this summer for using up stone fruit! Note that Lori keeps this treat very low sugar, so it’s important to use sweet, ripe fruit for the best results. Also, the crust is savory. You can add a little coconut sugar for a touch of sweetness, if desired.
Special Diet Notes: Paleo Peach Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly.
- 5 cups sliced, ripe plums and peaches (keep the juices)
- ⅓ cup* + ¾ cup coconut flour, divided
- ¼ cup stevia baking blend, honey, or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon + ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1½ cups almond meal
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 3 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- Place the fruit and juices in a large bowl. Add the ⅓ cup coconut flour or protein powder, sweetener, cinnamon, and ¼ teaspoon salt and stir to combine.
- If time permits, let the fruit mixture sit in the refrigerator for about 3 hours to allow the flavors time to meld and more juices to release.
- When the fruit is ready, preheat your oven to 450ºF.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond meal, remaining ¾ cup coconut flour, and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Add the coconut oil and whisk until coarse crumbs form. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, just until it starts to form crumbly dough.
- Set aside ½ cup of the dough mixture, and press the rest evenly into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the oven heat to 375ºF.
- Pour the fruit mixture into baked pie crust, and crumble the reserved crust mixture on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crumble on top has browned slightly.
Pingback: Savory Coconut Flour Biscuits Recipe - Go Dairy Free
Pingback: 20 Gluten-Free Peach Pie Dessert Recipes - gfe-gluten free easily
Pingback: GF Peach Pies! | All Gluten-Free Desserts...All the Time
Pingback: Fruit Mania! | get foo'd.
great recipe!! would love to have you enter it into this month’s “Go Ahead Honey it’s Gluten Free” roundup – featuring Paleo recipes that are “Fruity” 🙂
Alisa, I featured this recipe on All Gluten-Free Desserts today. It’s perfect for this time of year and I love the simplicity of it! 🙂
Pingback: Got Plums? Got Peaches? Make Paleo Plum and Peach Pie! | All Gluten-Free Desserts...All the Time