Here’s another fun and delicious way to use popcorn! These easy s’more clusters are without a doubt a treat, but the popcorn base adds healthy fiber and fuel for summer play.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Popcorn S’more Clusters
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and optionally soy-free.
However, you will want to choose your graham cookies wisely for these s’more clusters. Teddy grahams do appear to be dairy-free, but I’m not in love with the ingredients. A better option might be Annie’s Bunny Grahams , which are available in chocolate and other tasty flavors) They are equally cute, but are made without high fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, artificial ingredients or GMOs. Annie’s Bunny Grahams are also made with organic ingredients.
For vegan popcorn s’more clusters, use those chocolate bunny grahams and Dandies vegan marshmallows instead of traditional marshmallows.
For gluten-free and dairy-free popcorn s’more clusters, break up some tasty gluten-free graham crackers or use Annie’s Gluten-Free Bunnies.
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) dairy-free margarine
- ½ cup corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 1 package (10½ ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups mini graham cookies (see post above for gluten-free and vegan options)
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Combine the brown sugar, margarine and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Cook over high heat for five minutes; remove from heat and stir in the baking soda.
- Combine the popcorn and marshmallows in large bowl. Pour the sugar mixture over the popcorn and stir to coat.
- Gently stir in the graham cookies and chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a greased 15-by-10-inch pan. Let cool completely, then break into pieces. Store in airtight container.
Pingback: Sweet Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars Recipe - Go Dairy Free