This decadent, dairy-free pumpkin pie bread pudding is rich with fall flavors. It’s filled with pumpkin, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice and spiked with complimentary coconut and pecans. In fact, it’s made with rich coconut milk instead of butter or any dairy alternatives! The warm spiced maple syrup is optional for serving, but highly recommended.
This recipe with photo was shared with us by mccormick.com.
Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 (14-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar (can substitute coconut sugar)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 cups cubed challah bread (can sub cubed French or Italian bread; use gluten free if needed)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans (omit for nut free)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour the coconut milk into a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, pie spice, and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Add the bread cubes and toss to evenly coat.
- Pour the bread cubes and liquid into your prepared baking dish. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut and pecans (if using) over the damp bread cubes.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pumpkin bread pudding cool for just a few minutes while you prepare the maple syrup.
- Put the maple syrup, vanilla, and pie spice in a microwave-safe bowl and stir to combine.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for 15 to 30 seconds more, or until warm.
- Serve the bread pudding topped with the maple syrup.
Key Ingredients: Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding