Should you find yourself in a curry bind, or simply prefer homemade, this quick and easy Curry Powder blend is for you!
For a quick dinner one night I started whipping up the Lentil Curry in a Hurry from my book, Go Dairy Free. Then I found myself without curry powder, so with a quick Google search and spices I had on hand I whipped up this simple curry powder. It was perfect and made for such a flavorful lentil curry!
Special Diet Notes: Curry Powder
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, vegetarian, and plant-based.
- 4½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon cardamom, whole,without pods (I used ground)
- ½ inch cinnamon stick (I used a few shakes of ground cinnamon)
- ¼ teaspoon whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Toss all of the spices into your spice grinder and whiz until a fine powder forms, about 1 minutes, give or take.