This raspberry jello salad is a favorite dish of my friend Tracy’s family, and we love it too! It’s really more of a raspberry applesauce dish than a traditional jello salad. While there are two packets of flavored gelatin in this recipe, the other two ingredients are unsweetened applesauce and raspberries, so there is a lot of fiber and vitamin C!
This jello salad makes a great holiday side. It’s tartness mimics cranberry sauce, making it a great alternative to serve with the Thanksgiving turkey or Christmas ham. It is also a comforting food to serve to children when they’re feeling under the weather.
Consider making this your children’s contribution to your next family gathering, as Raspberry Jello Salad is a great make-ahead Kids Can Cook recipe. Younger children will need help stirring the boiling applesauce because it can bubble and spit while cooking, but pouring in the gelatin and raspberries is a simple task for anyone. Decorating the finished product with fresh raspberries is also a fun job.
Special Diet Notes: Raspberry Jello Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / n0n-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and top food allergy friendly.
For a vegan and vegetarian option, I recommend using a vegan jello alternative, like Raspberry Jel Dessert.
- Set the raspberries out to thaw a bit while you heat the applesauce.
- Put the applesauce in a medium saucepan and heat it over medium heat until it starts to boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the Jello until completely mixed.
- Stir in the partially thawed raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×9-inch baking dish or a Jello mold. (I used a 2.8 liter casserole dish in the photos.)
- Refrigerate until set, for several hours or preferably overnight.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Key Pantry Supplies: Raspberry Jello Salad
More Sweets Using Jell-O (Pudding)
Cake Batter Pudding Parfaits (optionally vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
PB Protein Pancakes with Cheesecake Topping (gluten-free & soy-free)
Easy Coconut Cream Pie (optionally vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)