Special Diet Notes: Raw Vegan Spinach Basil Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, optionally paleo, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 4 cups baby spinach, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, cut with kitchen scissors or chopped
- ⅔ cups macadamia nuts
- ½ cup pine nuts (preferably soaked for 1 hr for more moisture)
- 3-4 tablespoon garlic olive oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celtic or himalayan salt
- Mix spinach and basil in a large bowl, set aside.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a food processor (with S-blade) or Vitamix. Blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour over greens and mix well.
- Let sit in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, remove and mix again then serve with baby carrots, celery, snap peas, mushrooms, sliced red pepper, cauliflower, and/or raw seed or multigrain crackers. Enjoy!