This recipe for creamy cauliflower soup is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Jen Prosini . For an extra-rich consistency, she uses Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
Jen says, “Roasting the vegetables is a great flavor enhancer in this cauliflower soup. It changes the taste of cauliflower completely, and is an easy way for the family to get their vegetables in without complaints, because it is so delicious!”
Special Diet Notes & Options: Roasted Cauliflower Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose your broth wisely. For peanut-free and all-around allergy-friendly cauliflower soup, simply omit the peanut garnish.
- 1 large cauliflower, stem removed and florets separated
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 500-750 mL broth (this depends on how thick you like your soup)
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley + extra for garnish
- toasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- Place cauliflower, onions, garlic, salt and oil on a parchment lined baking sheet, mix to coat.
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing once during cooking, until they develop color.
- Place veggies into a blender/food processor. Add broth and milk. Puree until smooth.
- Top with peanuts, if desired, and parsley.
I hate coconut anything. Cashew milk sounds like a partial solution, it just lacks the body. Is there some other product without resorting to tofu?
If using a milk beverage, you might try a roux to make it thicker.
I Love This Soup!!!
Is the coconut milk sweetened or unsweetened?
This is original, full-fat coconut milk, not coconut milk beverage, so it doesn’t come in sweetened/unsweetened varieties – only one, just coconut milk!
Pingback: 100+ Recipes and Tips to Satisfy Creamy Dairy-Free Cravings
Pingback: Weekly Gluten-Free Menu Plan -- Cauliflower