Raise your hand if you love Brussels sprouts!! Come on, I know I’m not the only one. Whether steamed, shredded and sauteed, or roasted, these mini cabbages are a favorite of mine. But I have to admit, I had never trialed roasting tomatoes and Brussels sprouts together.
This easy dish is a nice variation for your big holiday meal (the vibrant colors shout Christmas and those mini cabbages are good luck for the New Year!), or a cozy, healthy side to serve any night in the new year.
Plus, these fire-roasted tomatoes and Brussels sprouts are easy to throw together and can even be prepared ahead! Just toss everything together in the a.m. and slide the sheet in the refrigerator. Just before dinner, pop them in the oven!
This Fire Roasted Tomatoes and Brussels Sprouts recipe with photo was shared with us by Hunts.
Special Diet Notes: Fire-Roasted Tomatoes and Brussels Sprouts
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally paleo.
- 1 pound small fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 14.5-ounce can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons non-GMO canola or olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- In a large bowl, toss together the Brussels sprouts, drained tomatoes, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture in a single layer on a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and browned, stirring once halfway through.