- 6 handfuls fresh baby-leaf spinach
- 8oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 avocados, halved, stoned and sliced
- 6 tbsp pecan nuts
- 12 slices Parma ham (optional, omit for vegan)
- juice 2 lemons
- 6 tbsp virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lay the spinach out on 6 plates and sprinkle the sliced mushrooms on top.
- Arrange the avocado halves in a fan shape then sprinkle over the pecan nuts.
- If you are using it, roll up the Parma ham slices and arrange on the plates.
- Drizzle the lemon juice and oil over each plate and then grate over some sea salt and black pepper.
- Serve at once.
400cals – 11g protein
38g total fat – 6g sat / 23g mono / 6g poly
3g carbohydrate of which 1.5g sugar
4.5g fibre – 89mg sodium / 0.2g salt
GOOD SOURCE OF: Vitamin B1, B6, C & folate
This story was reprinted with permissions from Foods Matter (April 2009 issue), the magazine for food allergies and intolerances.