San Diego’s News 8 shared this crunchy, sweet, and tangy summer fruit & veggie salad recipe…
Special Diet Notes: Crunchy Summer Fruit & Veggie Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoon dried dill or 2 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 4 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 seasonal crunchy tart apples (Gala, Pink Lady, Braeburn)
- 1 seasonal pear (Anjou, Bartlett, etc.)
- 1 English (seedless) cucumber
- 1 small or ½ medium sweet onion
- Mix together the mustard, dill, vinegar, sugar and olive oil. Set aside.
- Core and slice apples and pears into thin slices, leaving skin on for color and flavor.
- Slice cucumber into rounds.
- Slice onion any way you like, add all to bowl with dressing and toss to coat.