Special Diet Notes: Tropical Curried Chicken Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and optionally soy-free.
- ¼ cup pineapple juice, or ¼ cup chicken broth plus 2 tsps brown sugar
- 1½ to 2½ teaspoons curry powder
- ½ cup mayonnaise (use vegan mayo for egg-free)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- ½ cup diced pineapple
- ½ cup mandarin orange segments
- 1 – 8oz can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 cup thawed baby peas (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat the pineapple juice with the curry powder.
- Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Cool and add to mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Blend well.
- Fold in the chicken or fish and refrigerate until ready to toss with other ingredients.