This eggplant salad recipe is from Jackie Ford of The Vegan Diet.
Special Diet Notes: Eggplant Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly.
- 3 large eggplants
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup cold pressed oil for skillet
- 5 cloves garlic,chopped or pressed
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ¼ cup sweet red pepper seeded and chopped for garnish
- Cut eggplants into ½ inch slices, sprinkle with salt and leave for ½ hour. Wipe dry and lightly brown in skillet, reduce heat, cover and cook until done. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet stir-fry garlic for a minute, add water, turmeric, paprika, cuminseed, and tomato paste. Simmer mixture over low heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the vinegar.
- Pour sauce over eggplant slices and garnish with the chopped red peppers.
- Serve at room temperature.