This Mexican citrus salad recipe comes from the Food Blogga.
Special Diet Notes: Mexican Citrus Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 (12-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 blood orange, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 pink or ruby red grapefruit, peeled and cut into sections
- 3 large radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, optional
- ⅛ cup toasted pepitas
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- To toast the pepitas, place in a dry skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from pan; set aside.
- To make the vinaigrette, simply whisk the ingredients together, and set aside.
- Divide the spinach among 4 plates. Top with avocado, orange, grapefruit, radishes, and cilantro. Drizzle each plate with vinaigrette, and sprinkle with toasted pepitas.