This Pesto Pasta Salad recipe from Susan Voisin at www.FatFreeVegan.com sounded almost too good to be true. Although it isn’t quite fat free, due to the nuts, it is oil-free and low fat. Super healthy and delicious!
Special Diet Notes: Pesto Pasta Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally nut-free and gluten-free.
- 3 cups fresh basil (or 2 cups basil and one cup spinach)
- 3-4 large cloves garlic
- ¼ cup walnuts, pine nuts, or raw cashews
- ½ container silken tofu (about 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 lb. pasta, cooked according to package directions and rinsed with cool water
- 1-2 large tomatoes, chopped
- additional nuts, to taste
- In food processor, chop garlic and nuts until finely minced. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
- Toss pasta with sauce and tomatoes, and sprinkle with nuts. Serve immediately or at room temperature.