Special Diet Notes: Quinoa Spinach Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian.
For nut-free quinoa spinach salad, omit the dairy-free feta or try tofu feta.
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 chopped tomatoes (Roma chop well)
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 avocado sliced
- ⅓ cup dairy-free feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Rinse and drain quinoa. In a small pan bring water to a boil and add quinoa. Reduce heat and cook about 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Place cooked quinoa in a bowl. Stir in tomatoes, spinach, and onion.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, and salt.
- Toss dressing with the salad. Arrange avocados on 4 plates. Divide the salad and place on top of avocados. Sprinkle with “feta” and serve.