This Sesame Spinach Salad makes a beautiful dish for entertaining. It’s a light dish with a nice pop of flavor. It’s made with simple wholesome ingredients and is sure to wow at any dinner party or weeknight dinner table.
Special Diet Notes: Sesame Spinach Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, nut-free, and vegetarian. Optionally vegan / plant-based and gluten-free.
- 1.5 lbs spinach, stemmed and rinsed well
- ¼ cup mirin, rice wine - or dry white wine or sake
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce or wheat free tamari (for gluten free)
- 2 teaspoon honey (substitute maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Steam spinach. Squeeze excess water out.
- In a large bowl mix rice wine through sesame oil. Mix spinach with sauce, may cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Divide spinach into six cylindrical bundles and squeeze each tightly to compact the leaves. Arrane individually in small shallow bowls. Spoon a little of the dressing left in the bowl over each bundle. Sprinkle each bundle with about 1 t sesame seeds.