Spa Salad with Almond Vinaigrette
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon [Nielson-Massey] Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon [Nielsen-Massey] Pure Almond Extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup natural rice vinegar
- Whisk the Dijon mustard, syrup, vanilla extract, almond extract, salt and pepper in a bowl . Add the canola oil in a fine stream, whisking constantly until incorporated. This will emulsify your salad dressing and it will not separate. Add the vinegar slowly, whisking constantly.
- Toss the spinach, onion, 1 cup of strawberries and ½ cup almonds gently in a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Garnish with additional strawberries and almonds.