The juicy burst of fresh blueberries adds a unique and flavorful accompaniment to this fresh salmon summer salad. The tangy and savory lemon vinaigrette offers a complimentary contrast that ties all of the flavors together.
Use your favorite lettuce in this salad – from crisp greens and reds to dainty micro-greens – for an amazing in-season, healthy light meal. This summer salad not only pops with flavor, it’s also a visual delight that offers excellent nutrition. Enjoy Omega-3’s from the fish, vitamin K and calcium from the greens, vitamin C from the lemon, and antioxidant superpowers from the blueberries. The recipe was shared with us by www.fruitsfromchile.com.
Summer Salad Special Diet Notes & Options
This recipe is naturally dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free and tree nut-free. If fish is an allergen of concern, substitute chopped grilled chicken breast. For a vegan and vegetarian delight, omit the fish and enjoy it sans protein as a side dish or add chickpeas, white beans, or baked tofu / tempeh cubes.
- 8 cups salad greens, in small pieces
- 1 pound salmon fillet, poached
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Lemon zest to garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- Divide salad greens on four salad plates.
- Tear salmon into medium pieces and arrange on greens.
- Sprinkle on blueberries and lemon zest.
- Place the lemon juice, oil, and vinegar in a jar or blender and shake or blend until emulsified. Whisk in the chives and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over each salad or serve on the side.