We thank Jill for her post on AllRecipes.com. This simple vegan egg salad recipe is not only vegan and dairy free, it is also a lower fat alternative to traditional egg salad recipes. Serve as you would between two slices of bread with lettuce and tomato!
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Egg Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise (such as Vegenaise or Nayonaise)
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar (Gluten free consumers should check to ensure it is nto a grain based vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 pound firm tofu, sliced and well drained
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, vinegar, mustard, sugar, turmeric, dill, and parsley. Mix well, and reserve.
- Place drained tofu in large bowl, and crumble with a fork. Stir in onion and celery. Mix in reserved mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill for several hours to allow flavors to blend.