This pizza sauce recipe comes from Mike Eberhart, the author of the popular cookbook, “Gluten-Free & Wheat-Free Gourmet Desserts.”
Special Diet Notes: Laura’s Pizza Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- In medium sized bowl, add tomato paste, olive oil and water; stir.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Ideally, you should allow the sauce to sit at room temperature for thirty minutes for flavors to develop from the herbs.