Most jarred pizza sauces are made without dairy, but when you don’t have any on hand, this easy dairy-free pizza sauce is the way to go. It’s a simple, stir-together recipe using inexpensive, everyday ingredients and spices. And it just needs 15 minutes of simmering for thickening and to allow the flavors to meld. That’s just enough time for you to prep your toppings and dough!
Special Diet Notes: Easy Pizza Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce (like Hunt's)
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the tomato sauce, sugar, oregano, basil, rosemary, fennel, salt, and garlic powder.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and let cool for a few minutes before spreading on your pizza crust.