Mushrooms and Artichoke Hearts Pizza Topping
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g chestnut or button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 6-8 tinned artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- juice 1 small lemon (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy, deep pan and briskly fry the mushrooms for 3-5 minutes or until the juices run. Spoon them over the pizza base.
- Arrange the artichoke heart quarters over the top, squeeze over the lemon juice if you are using it and season generously with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a hot oven.
The lemon juice is not essential – just adds a little bite!