Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Seed Pesto
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons vegetable broth/stock
- Over low heat, dry-roast pumpkin seeds, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until they finish popping.
- Remove from heat and cool. In a blender, process seeds, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Slowly add oil and broth and blend until smooth.
- Toss into hot pasta and serve immediately or transfer to a covered container and refrigerate until needed.