This incredible restaurant style spaghetti sauce recipe comes from the wonderful resource, allrecipes.com. For gluten free and soy free varieties, be sure to select wine and sausage that is suitable.
Special Diet Notes: Restaurant Style Spaghetti Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can roma tomatoes (crushed)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup Merlot wine
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender and fragrant.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and wine.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in sausage and simmer until sausage is thoroughly cooked.