A good vegan cookbook is a must in any dairy free (or vegan, of course) household. It would be hard to find a better choice than “Vegan World Fusion Cuisine : Over 200 award-winning recipes“, by Dr. Jane Goodall. This book has received over 30 5-star customer reviews, pretty impressive by our standards. This Strawberry Sauce is a sample recipe from this fantastic book…
Special Diet Notes: Strawberry Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 7 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 tablespoon Agave nectar, maple syrup, brown rice syrup or sucanat
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- ½ teaspoon mint, minced
- Pinch cardamom
- Pinch cinnamon
- Place strawberries and filtered water in a small sauté pan and heat over low heat until strawberries start to break apart, approximately 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
Experiment with different fruits such as blueberries or mango. A small amount of coconut, soy or rice milk may be added. You may also vary sweeteners for different flavors.