Special Diet Notes: Sweet and Sour Pineapple Ginger Sauce
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan stir together brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in pineapple juice , balsamic vinegar, gingerroot and salt.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over grilled chicken, pork. or tofu.