This Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad is an easy, healthy, recipe for all. Plus, it’s great for holiday gatherings and any day lunches. Because the leaves of these cruciferous vegetables are heartier, they hold up well when prepared and dressed a day ahead. Just store in an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad recipe with photo was shared with us by Glad.
Produce Storage Tips
Don’t rinse or remove the stem from leafy produce like kale before storing. Wrap leaves in dry paper towels and seal in a large plastic bag, squeezing out as much air as possible when sealing. Store cut kale in a sealed container in the coldest part of the refrigerator, and keep items like whole Brussels sprouts in a bowl covered with plastic wrap with air holes.
Special Diet Notes: Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally paleo.
For a nut-free Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad, swap in roasted and salted sunflower seeds for the almonds.
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- ¾ pound Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, outer leaves removed and sliced thin
- 1 head Lacinato kale, tough ribs removed and sliced thin
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped, roasted and salted almonds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, and maple syrup in a jar, cover, and shake vigorously.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and shake again.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, kale, almonds, and cherries together.
- Pour on the dressing and toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
- If making ahead, store the dressed salad in a sealed Glad container for up to 24 hours. The heartier greens will hold up fairly well overnight.
More Fresh Kale & Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Kale Caesar Salad (vegan & gluten-free)
Shredded Brussels Sprouts Saute with Garlic, Ginger and Grapes (vegan, gluten-free, soy-free & paleo)
Colorful Kale Salad with Orange Ginger Dressing (vegan, gluten-free & nut-free)
Pingback: Leafy Vegetables Protect Against Skin Cancer, but Dairy Increases Risk
Pingback: 22 Sustainable Recipes for Earth Day and Every Day
I absolutely love kale and Brussels sprout salads!! This looks so god!!