Special Diet Notes: Gluten-Free Cereal Stuffing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2-1/2 cup Enjoy Life Crispy Rice or Crispy Flax Cereal
- 2 cups vegetable or poultry stock or broth (warm) – check ingredients for free-from needs
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free margarine (ie Earth Balance spread – soy-free)
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ large onion, diced
- 4-5 mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons carrot, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1-1/2 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- Place the cereal in a large bowl. Add warmed vegetable stock and let soak for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan. Add celery and onions, and sauté until translucent (do not let it brown). Add mushrooms and carrots. If mixture seems dry, add a little of the soaking liquid to deglaze the pan.
- Add the vegetables to the cereal and mix. Add salt, pepper, and fresh sage. Combine completely.
- Place mixture in an 8×8” pan and bake for 25-35 minutes.