Quinoa, the new gluten free grain of choice, is growing exponentially in popularity. This simple fragrant quinoa and lentils side dish comes from the Speed Vegan blog.
Special Diet Notes: Fragrant Quinoa and Lentils
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (15oz) can lentils, drained
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dried currants
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Bring water to a boil and add quinoa, olive oil, salt and thyme.
- Cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes until quinoa has absorbed all the liquid.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, lentils and spices.
- Stir in dried currants and serve.